The voluntary service has been an incredible experience. Working with youngsters from all over Europe, organizing events, managing social media, travelling, and more - that is the life during a voluntary service. Be bold, try out and use this unique opportunity.
Are you interested in spending an awesome year abroad working for an international youth organisation? Applications for our two voluntary service positions with SHL and SAME are open! Throughout the voluntary year, you will get the chance to explore European youth work and activism, organise international youth encounters and seminars, work on social media and publicity and much more. You will develop yourself, while doing something meaningful for the youth of Europe. Are you looking forward to this job? Do not hesitate and apply for one of our two volunteering positions!
SAME and SHL
SAME stands for ‘Solidarity Action Day Movement in Europe’. The movement includes several European youth organizations which carry out an annual Solidarity Action Day. During this day, pupils get the chance to exercise a job of their choice instead of going to school. Their salaries are used to support youth-related projects all over whole world. By offering learning possibilities and spreading the concept of the Solidarity Action Day, SAME empowers young people to get informed, take a stand and act.
Schüler*innen Helfen Leben (SHL) - is SAME’s German member organisation and runs the Solidarity Action Day campaign in Germany. For almost 30 years, the organisation has implemented youth and education projects in Southeastern Europe and Jordan with the aim of strengthening the rights and participation of children and young people.
Your voluntary service
The voluntary service is organised by SHL on behalf of SAME. This means, that the position is formally registered with SHL, the work nonetheless focusses on SAME activities. Since 2018 both organisations have run a joint programme and office in the city of Lübeck, Northern Germany. The programme connects young people from all over Europe through the concept of the Solidarity Action Day and gives them the opportunity to experience and shape a joint Europe. As a volunteer, you will be part of our international team working in the Lübeck office for SAME and SHL. The team aims to spread the Solidarity Action Day to additional countries across Europe and to expand the impact of the Solidarity Action Day by organising international youth encounters and seminars. Together with you, we will build bridges and bring together young people from all over Europe.
What we offer
- 13 months full-time voluntary service (40 hours per week, from mid of July 2024 to mid of August 2025)
- Location: SAME and SHL Office in Lübeck (Northern Germany)
- Payment of a monthly pocket money of currently 390 € per month
- Payment of the costs for a fully equipped shared apartment in Lübeck
- 26 vacation days
- SHL covers costs for the obligatory health insurance, visa and other necessary expenses in preparation of the voluntary service and accompanies the required administrative measures
- payment of the costs for one return journey to your hometown at a freely chosen time during your voluntary service
- pedagogical support during the voluntary service
- participation in a preparation, midterm and final seminar and the opportunity to participate in further internal and external trainings
- project visits to SAME’s and SHL’s network partners all over Europe
- an intriguing and dynamic working environment and creative freedom for own ideas
- an interesting job profile with a high variety of tasks
- a young and motivated team valuing youth participation and voluntary work
Underneath, you can download the detailed job description for your voluntary service. There you find more information about your tasks and the required competences.
Your complete application consists of:
- a one- to two-sided motivational letter (describing why you have decided to make a voluntary service and where your motivation comes from and explaining why you are the right person for the voluntary service)
- a tabular CV
- the completed questionnaire (download below) •
- if applicable, certificates and qualifications (e.g. of youth work, project or job experience)
The next opportunity to apply is for voluntary service 2024/2025. The applications will open in autumn 2023.
Please send your application to email@example.com
For more information you can contact our programme coordinator Niklas Kaapke (firstname.lastname@example.org) and our current volunteers Rudina Zeqiri (email@example.com) and Marina Karpovich (firstname.lastname@example.org).